hbase-user mailing list archives

From 郝东 <donhof...@163.com>
Subject Questions about BucketCache
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2015 09:25:16 GMT
Hi,

I am learning BucketCache with HBase0.98 and have a few questions about it. Could anyone help
me ?

1.Since this kind of Cache divides the memory into many buckets, what is the default size
of a Bucket? And how to config the size of a Bucket ?
2.How to config the total size of the BucketCache?
3.Since each Bucket serves for specific size of blocks, and different Buckets can serve for
different size of blocks, how to setup the sizes that they serve for? And what is the default
sizes that they serve?
4.I see some properties from the reference guide of the Apache HBase website , they are hbase.bucketcache.size,
hbase.bucketcache.sizes, hfile.block.cache.sizes,hfile.block.cache.size, I am totally confused
with them.  Could you tell me their meaning ?
5.Since BucketCache is usually not on heap, when meeting a crash of RegionServer, how does
this part of memory is evicted?
6.When BucketCache is nearly full and needs to evict some parts, how does it choose which
part should be evicted? Does it evict a bucket or a block once a time?

Many Thanks!