hbase-user mailing list archives

From "shobhitpal48amity@gmail.com" <shobhitpal48am...@gmail.com>
Subject Delete multiple records column family for particular rowkey of hbase table
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 16:48:24 GMT
Hi All,

I have started learning Hbase, and came across a situation, where i have to
delete all records of column family. Is there is any way in Hbase shell to
delete records from column family for a particular rowkey?

I have tried delete and deleteall commands of hbase shell as follows,

deleteall : By using deleteall, i am able to delete entire row ,including
all column families for that row. So it doesn't serve my purpose

hbase(main) > deleteall 'name_of_table','row-key'

This will delete the entire "row-key" with all its column family.

delete : With delete I am able to delete records one by one as I am passing
them as parameter in delete query.

hbase(main) > delete
'name_of_table','row-key','testcf:record-from-column-family'

This will delete the "record-from-column-family" record of testcf column
family . This one serves my purpose of deleting records from column family
but only if the records count is very small, provided i have to pass that
record in query.

If I have 10000 records in "testcf", to be deleted then, i can't execute the
delete query 10000 times , with different records as query parameter.

Is there is any way to achieve this, either by using wildcard of something
similar to that in delete query,so that it will delete all 10000 records in
one shot.

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Regards,
Shobhit Pal