hbase-user mailing list archives

From alokob <alokob...@gmail.com>
Subject Hbase multiget vs scan with RowFilter
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 07:09:08 GMT

Hello ,

I have a use case where I need to get a set of records from Hbase . Keys of
the records to be fetched from Hbase is know , so I wanted to know if its a
better way to use multi-get approach or scan with RowFilter will give the
better performance. Number of records to be fetched at a time are 500.

I am using Hbase 0.98 , please suggest the approach. Also I wanted to know
if there is any limit on number of Filters we can apply to a scan  i.e. if
we can have 500 filters on a scan object. Thanks for any help.