hbase-user mailing list archives

From "joseph" <jose...@arssoftware.com>
Subject HBase Compaction Issues
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 07:18:27 GMT
Hi,

We are using HBase 0.94 and Hadoop 2.0.0 .We are using CDH 4.7

We have a  4 node cluster with one master and the 3 region servers

We Have  time series data.  We have row key with the format of
Reversetimestamp_id. We have client connection timeout in the modules and
constantly facing compaction queue size alert in the Cloudera manager. We
disable compaction by changing the settings in the Cloudera HBase
configuration .Then we are compact tables manually using the cron scheduler.
But still compaction are triggering and the Cloudera manager always shows
compaction queue size alert .Modules still facing timeout with the HBase

Regards,

Joseph