hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HFileOutputFormat2.configureIncrementalLoad and HREGION_MAX_FILESIZE
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 18:37:22 GMT
Have a look at the code in HFileOutputFormat2#configureIncrementalLoad(Job,
HTableDescriptor, RegionLocator). The HTableDescriptor is only used for
details of writing blocks: compression, bloom filters, block size, and
block encoding. Other table properties are left to the online table.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by setting this value in your
job. The size of the HFiles produced will be dependent on the data
distribution characteristics of your MR job, not the online table. When you
completeBulkLoad, those generated HFiles will be split according to the
online table region boundaries, and loaded into the Regions. Once that
happens, usual region lifecycle stuff picks up, meaning at that point, the
online region will decide if/when to split based on store sizes.

Hope that helps,
-n