hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IllegalArgumentException: Connection is null or closed when calling HConnection.getTable()
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2015 22:22:32 GMT
Here is related code from HTable ctor:

    if (connection == null || connection.isClosed()) {
      throw new IllegalArgumentException("Connection is null or closed.");
    }
It was likely that connection was closed (from your description of your
code).

If HConnectionImplementation were to check the status of connection before
calling HTable ctor, that would be helpful.
For the moment, your application should check the status of connection.

Cheers