hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vandana Ayyalsomayajula <mailvandana....@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Cost Multipliers in stochastic load balancer
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 22:37:48 GMT
Hi All,

I wanted to know if there are hbase users using stochastic load balancer
with non-default cost function multipliers.
I am trying to achieve load balancing based on locality and region load.
Our common use case is when region servers
die and we restart, some of the regions loose locality. I want to tune the
stochastic load balancer in such a way
that if I assign a non zero cost multiplier to locality cost and region
load, my regions should be balanced in a manner
in which they have high locality and balance, depending on the cost
multiplier. I did not see any unit tests which use
cost multipliers to test stochastic load balancer.

It would be greatly helpful to me if anyone could share their experiences
with the cost functions.

Thanks
Vandana