hbase-user mailing list archives

From Pun Intended <punintende...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Very high read rate in a single RegionServer
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2015 23:40:07 GMT
Thank you so much for your help!
You are right, the slow region server hosts hbase:meta!!!  I am using Hbase
0.96.1.1

I have major compactions disabled. I run major compaction manually once a
day and when it dpes that besides requesting major compaction on my tables,
it also requests a major_compact 'hbase:meta'. Is that what could be
causing the issue? I did a scan on 'hbase:meta' and I see that it contains
about the same number of regions as it should - I have two tables with
~3000 regions each.

Do you think I have some misconfiguration? Do I need to do some cleanup on
the meta region? Am I hitting some Hbase bug? Or am I being dumb requesting
major compaction for the meta region daily?

I believe on the client side I am doing things right - using scanner
caching, etc.

Thank you so much for your help!!