hbase-user mailing list archives

From Pun Intended <punintende...@gmail.com>
Subject Very high read rate in a single RegionServer
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2015 01:15:00 GMT
Hello,

I have noticed lately that my apps started running longer. The longest
running tasks seem all to be requesting data from a single region server.
That region server read rate is very high in comparison to the read rate of
all the other region servers (1000reqs/sec vs 4-5 reqs/sec elsewhere). That
region server has about the same number of regions as all the rest: 26-27
regions. Number of store files, total region size, everything else on the
region server seems ok and in the same ranges as the rest of the region
servers. The keys should be evenly distributed - randomly generated
38-digit numbers. I am doing a simple Hbase scan from all my MR jobs.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on what to look into it or if you have any
ideas how I can solve this issue.

Thanks!