hbase-user mailing list archives

From Shashidhar Rao <raoshashidhar...@gmail.com>
Subject Storing Json format in Hbase
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2015 10:01:52 GMT
Hi,

Can someone guide me if the solution I am proposing is a feasible option or
not

1. Large xml data is delivered through external system.
2. Convert these into json format.
3. Store it into HBASE ,even though there will be hardly any updates , only
retrieval. I have looked at Hive but finally had to decide against it as
retrieval would be slow.
4. Need to use Hadoop Nosql as other components are all using Hadoop
ecosystem.

Can xml data be directly stored into Hbase without any
transformation.(second question)

Any suggestions on storing xml data on Nosql. (only open source and no
commercial nosql)

Thanks in advance

Shashi