hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Region Server Info Port
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 00:49:24 GMT
On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 3:03 PM, Talat Uyarer <talat@uyarer.com> wrote:

> IMHO reaching rs info port impossible in client side.

You are right.

You want the Tasks as JSON?

> Should I do accepting about info port ? If I do that my code does not work
> with pseduo installation.

We should add an API that returns pb of cluster info with stuff like info
port in it. Info port has been a bit of a bastard child; it doesn't fit
anywhere.  Liu Shaohui did some nice work getting the info port to the
master. What is missing is getting it over the last stretch to the client.

Thanks Talat,
St.Ack

> On Jan 22, 2015 12:59 AM, "Ted Yu" <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > getRegionServerInfoPort() calls
> regionServerTracker.getRegionServerInfo(sn)
> > but RegionServerTracker is in hbase-server module :-(
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 2:48 PM, Talat Uyarer <talat@uyarer.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Is there any extraction for zk connection frpm client side ?

> url
> change
> port ?

> > > processlist
RS's

> TEST_UTIL.getMiniHBaseCluster.getMaster.getRegionServerInfoPort(ServerName).

> regionserver.info.port.
> > If
the