hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Boesch <java...@gmail.com>
Subject How to configure the testing data dir for maven
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2015 22:13:02 GMT
We are experiencing an issue that the MiniHBase cluster is creating temp
directories/data under the same directory as the tests are run:

Upon doing some research it appears there is a system property to control
that temp dir:

   test.build.data.basedirectory

Also there is in the doc a command to set it:

  <command>mvn test -P runAllTests -Dsurefire.secondPartThreadCount=12 -
 Dtest.build.data.basedirectory=/ram2G</command>

However, we find that does NOT work unless the following additional maven
parameter is set:

   -DforkMode=never

But that flag causes other testing issues and we would not be able to go
that route.

How then can we redirect that testing data directory without setting the
System property?