hbase-user mailing list archives

From Serega Sheypak <serega.shey...@gmail.com>
Subject Show last 10 (100/1000) events
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 15:51:55 GMT
Hi, I have event-processing system which uses hbase + a pack of tomcat
web-apps as front-end.
tomcat web-apps are similar and used for front-end load-balancing.
tomcat apps write events to hbase.

What is good pattern to show last 10/100/1000 events?
events table schema is:
each user_id has 128 versions. So I keep history for the last 128 user

There is no way to get last events, I can get last event only for concrete

I had an idea to create separate table named 'last_events'
and force all tomcats write there copy of event with the same key and set
versions count to 1000.
HBase would automatically delete old events.
Drawbacks are:
1. x2 traffic
2. x2 write ops on hbase to single region

Solution is bad.
Are they any good patterns to resolve such problem. The other option is to
use some kind of memcache or stuff like that.