hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Liu, Ming (HPIT-GADSC)" <ming.l...@hp.com>
Subject Given a Put object, is there any way to change the timestamp of it?
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2015 01:43:18 GMT
Hello, there,

I am developing a coprocessor under HBase 0.98.6. The client send a Put object to the coprocessor
in Protobuf, when the coprocessor receive the message , it invokes ProtobufUtil.toPut to convert
it to a Put object. Do various checking  and then put it into HBase table.
Now, I get a requirement to change the timestamp of that Put object, but I found no way to
do this.

I was first try to generate a new Put object with a new timestamp, and try to copy the old
one into this new object. But I found given a Put object, I have no way to get ALL its cells
out if I don't know the column family and column qualifier name in advance. In my case, those
CF/Column names are random as user defined. So I stuck here. Could anyone have idea how to
workaround this?

The Mutation class has getTimestamp() method but no setTimestamp(). I wish there is a setTimestamp()
for it. Is there any reason it is not provided? I hope in future release Mutation can expose
a setTimestamp() method, is it possible? If so, my job will get much easier...

Thanks,
Ming