hbase-user mailing list archives

From kennyut <ken.oy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: After compression, the table folders under hdfs://hbase are empty
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2015 17:57:52 GMT
In the /var/log/hbase folder, I can find two files:
1. hbase-cmf-hbase-HBASERESTSERVER-ip-172-x-x-x.ec2.internal.log.out
2. hbase-cmf-hbase-MASTER-ip-172-x-x-x.ec2.internal.log.out

The '1' file was updated several days before, so it won't help.

The '2' file only records the hbase log when I use the 'create' command in
'hbase shell'. It shows nothing related to data loading. BTW, I use
happybase (python's hbase package) to load data into hbase.

I cannot find any similar files in the hdfs://hbase folder, what I can find
are the empty column family folders. But if I switch back to
compression='NONE' then all the files appear in those column family folders.