hbase-user mailing list archives

From sriram <vsrira...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Overwrite a row
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2015 01:07:37 GMT
Yes Ted. So what I am facing is, My hbase is already having a record. For
example) Consider it to be having 20 fields. Now I am going to replace those
20 fields with only 10 fields.

Hence I create a RowMutation with Put object having only those 10 fields and
write it into Hbase. What happens is, those 10 fields are getting updated in
hbase with the latest value. But the other already existing 10 fields are
still present instead of getting deleted. Can you please let me know if I am
missing something?

Thanks,
Sriram