hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Overwrite a row
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2015 02:19:39 GMT
That is how HBase works, in all versions. If you do not want this, you have to delete the other
10, with Delete.deleteColumns(...).You can use a RowMutation if you want to do this all in
one transaction.

-- Lars
      From: sriram <vsriram30@gmail.com>
 To: user@hbase.apache.org
 Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 5:07 PM
 Subject: Re: Overwrite a row

Yes Ted. So what I am facing is, My hbase is already having a record. For
example) Consider it to be having 20 fields. Now I am going to replace those
20 fields with only 10 fields.

Hence I create a RowMutation with Put object having only those 10 fields and
write it into Hbase. What happens is, those 10 fields are getting updated in
hbase with the latest value. But the other already existing 10 fields are
still present instead of getting deleted. Can you please let me know if I am
missing something?

Thanks,
Sriram