hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ajay <ajay.ga...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase for Real Time Analytics
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2014 04:41:07 GMT

Can HBase be used or best fit for Real Time Analytics?. I went through
couple of benchmark between Cassandra Vs HBase (most of it done 3 years
ago). It mentioned that HBase is designed for intensive reads (but higher
latency for writes).

Secondly I want to understand how it is faster or support intensive reads
(or how it is better than Cassandra) though it is strongly consistent (CP).
In our case we may have high writes and reads (more reads though say 60%
reads). In that case is HBase a better fit?. We are  planning to use Spark
as the in memory computation engine.