hbase-user mailing list archives

From AnandaVelMurugan Chandra Mohan <ananthu2...@gmail.com>
Subject Reg. HBase client API calls in secure cluster (Kerberos)
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2014 06:11:26 GMT
Hi All,

My Hbase admin has set up kerberos authentication in our cluster. Now all
the HBase Java client API calls hang indefinitely.
I could scan/get in HBase shell, but when I do the same through the java
api,it hangs in the scan statement.

This is code which was working earlier, but not now. Earlier I was running
this code outside of the cluster without any impersonation.

Configuration config = HBaseConfiguration.create();
HTable table = new HTable(config, "Assets");
Scan Scan = new Scan();
ResultScanner results = table.getScanner(Scan);

Do I need to impersonate as any super user to make this work now? How do I
pass the kerberos credentials? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
--
Regards,
Anand