hbase-user mailing list archives

From Yaniv Yancovich <ya...@gigya-inc.com>
Subject Can I delete oldLogs from Hbase?
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 21:32:48 GMT
Hi,
I am using hbase 0.94.6 (CDH 4.5).
I saw that my oldLogs folder keeps growing to 4.4T. This stopped at early
October, but still the files doesn't being cleaned.
Can I delete them? Why do i need them on first place?

I see in master log the following NPE:
2014-07-17 08:15:05,862 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.cleaner.LogCleaner: Caught exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.ReplicationZookeeper.get
ListHLogsForPeerForRS(ReplicationZookeeper.java:625)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.master.ReplicationLogCleaner.loadHLogsFromQueues(ReplicationLogCleaner.java:110)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.master.ReplicationLogCleaner.get
DeletableFiles(ReplicationLogCleaner.java:76)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.cleaner.CleanerChore.checkAndDeleteFiles(CleanerChore.java:234)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.cleaner.CleanerChore.checkAndDeleteEntries(CleanerChore.java:158)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.cleaner.CleanerChore.chore(CleanerChore.java:125)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.Chore.run(Chore.java:67)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

I checked for old hbase-defaults.xml in master conf and didn't find such.

Any ideas?