hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Sivasubramaniam, Latha" <Latha.Sivasubraman...@Aspect.com>
Subject Trying to configure Hbase
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 19:59:14 GMT
Hi ,

I am beginner trying to configure HBase using Getting started guide. I am at configuring pseudo
distributed mode. When I use the regular file system, it is working fine, but when I use HDFS
I get the following error in the log

2014-12-08 13:51:26,702 INFO  [master:rtr-dev-spark4:60000] catalog.CatalogTracker: Failed
verification of hbase:meta,,1 at address=rtr-dev-spark4.ord2012.labs.aspect.com,60020,1418067404227,
exception=org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException:
Region hbase:meta,,1 is not online on rtr-dev-spark4.ord2012.labs.aspect.com,60020,1418068283380
                at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.getRegionByEncodedName(HRegionServer.java:2762)
                at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.getRegion(HRegionServer.java:4231)
                at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.getRegionInfo(HRegionServer.java:3595)
                at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.AdminProtos$AdminService$2.callBlockingMethod(AdminProtos.java:20158)
                at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.call(RpcServer.java:2027)
                at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:108)
                at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor.consumerLoop(RpcExecutor.java:114)
                at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor$1.run(RpcExecutor.java:94)
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

After this error, HMaster shutsdown. Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks,
Latha
This email (including any attachments) is proprietary to Aspect Software, Inc. and may contain
information that is confidential. If you have received this message in error, please do not
read, copy or forward this message. Please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your
system and destroy any copies. You may not further disclose or distribute this email or its
attachments.