hbase-user mailing list archives

From Robert Kent <Robert.K...@inps.co.uk>
Subject HBase Regionserver randomly dies
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2014 11:25:11 GMT
Hi,

I have got a collection of HBase clusters.  Each cluster is running separate instances of
Zookeeper, Hadoop & HBase.  The clusters are either single node or three node setups.

I am getting constant stability problems with the HBase Regionserver, it dies randomly everyday
or every other day.  It normally dies shortly after printing the following:

ERROR [Thread-125066] hdfs.DFSClient (DFSClient.java:closeAllFilesBeingWritten(911)) - Failed
to close inode 32621
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(java.io.IOException): File /hbase/WALs/extras1.ci.local,60020,1417171049368/extras1.ci.local%2C60020%2C1417171049368.1417295579753
could only be replicated to 0 nodes instead of minReplication (=1). There are 1 datanode(s)
running and no node(s) are excluded in this operation.

Does anyone have any pointers on where I can look to debug this issue?

thanks

Rob

Registered name: In Practice Systems Ltd.
Registered address: The Bread Factory, 1a Broughton Street, London, SW8 3QJ
Registered Number: 1788577
Registered in England
Visit our Internet Web site at www.inps.co.uk
The information in this internet email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee.
Access, copying or re-use of information in it by anyone else is not authorised. Any views
or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of INPS or any of its affiliates. If you are not the intended recipient please contact  is.helpdesk@inps.co.uk