hbase-user mailing list archives

From uamadman <uamadm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Region Server Thread with a Single High Idle CPU
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2014 19:38:59 GMT
Currently, hbase-master.com:60010/master-status reports 1500 reads/s when no
clients are connected.
and 1750-2000 to the .meta when I'm running a load operation. Total R/W
spikes to 20k/s when adding all the remaining tables together.

I run a multi-core load process that pools 20 cores using happybase to
interface with the hbase thrift server.
I typically make the ConPool = 5 + Cores
happybase.ConnectionPool(size=30,host='') is used to allocate connections.
results are loaded 10,000 at a time using the table batch functions.

Over all it is really fast.
I have noticed the hits on the .meta have increased with time. I have yet to
see if they scale with table size.

Thoughts?
Cheers,
Jon