hbase-user mailing list archives

From JM Tremblay <jm.tre...@gmail.com>
Subject Thrift getRows API with column filtering?
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2014 17:17:39 GMT
Hi,

I'm using the node.js HBase Thrift client.  I can use getRows() to fetch
specific rows with all their columns or getRowsWithColumns() to specify the
columns or column families to return.  But I can't figure out how to
specify columns starting with a given prefix, as it seems to be possible
with the Java API.

These are columns created dynamically and the client doesn't know their
name in advance (apart from the prefix).  I'm trying to avoid fetching all
the columns and filter on the client side to minimize the size of data
transferred. I'm also trying to avoid having a lot of column families (one
for each prefix would be too much).

What are my options?

JM