hbase-user mailing list archives

From Anoop John <anoop.hb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replacing a full Row content in HBase
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2014 10:52:19 GMT
If you want the delete and new row put in a single transaction, (well that
is the best thing to do)  you can try using mutateRow(final RowMutations rm)
Add a delete row mutation followed by a Put

You should be careful ab the timestamp of 2 Mutations.  You should provide
ts from client side.

May be do like give System cur time for Put and  curTime - 1  for Delete.
 (Make sure delete marker wont mark new put cells also)

Note : I have not tried with a sample test. You can experiment.

-Anoop-