hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: balance the tables across region servers
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2014 21:47:45 GMT
Please take a look at TableSkewCostFunction in StochasticLoadBalancer (the
default balancer):

    private static final String TABLE_SKEW_COST_KEY =

        "hbase.master.balancer.stochastic.tableSkewCost";

    private static final float DEFAULT_TABLE_SKEW_COST = 35;

You can increase the value for "hbase.master.balancer.stochastic.tableSkewCost"
so that your table is more balanced.

Cheers