hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to explain read/write performance change after modifying the hfile.block.cache.size?
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2014 17:32:21 GMT
When block cache size increases from 0 to 0.4, the amount of heap given to
memstore decreases. This would slow down the writes.
Please see:
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#store.memstore

For your second question, see this thread:
http://search-hadoop.com/m/DHED4TEvBy1/lars+hbase+hflush&subj=Re+Clarifications+on+HBase+Durability

Cheers