hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Forcibly merging regions
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:56:52 GMT
Looking at DispatchMergingRegionHandler, it does some check before
initiating the merge.
e.g.:

      LOG.info("Skip merging regions " + region_a.getRegionNameAsString()

          + ", " + region_b.getRegionNameAsString() + ", because region "

          + (regionAHasMergeQualifier ? region_a.getEncodedName() : region_b

              .getEncodedName()) + " has merge qualifier");

Can you take a look at master log around the time merge request was issued
to see if you can get some clue ?

Cheers