hbase-user mailing list archives

From zhiyuan yang <sjtu....@gmail.com>
Subject Random read operation about hundreds request per second
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 01:24:01 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to hbase. Several days ago I built an web service with hbase as
backend.
However, when I used ab benchmark to test the performance of read only
wordload,
the result was only hundreds request per second even hbase cache hit ration
was 100%.

The architecture of my system is as following. I use netty as web framework
and use
thrift to connect hbase. Netty handler uses connection pool to get the
thrift connection,
and send simple get query. Hbase is deployed on 1 master and 1 slave. The
thrift server
is opened on HMaster.

I'm sure the problem doesn't lie in pooling, because if I just get
connection without
really using it in handler, and the result rps is several thousands. But I
don't know where
the bottleneck is exactly.

Can anyone help me out? Really appreciate your help.

--

*Thank you && Best Regards,*

*Zhiyuan Yang*