hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Boesch <java...@gmail.com>
Subject Logging for HBase tests
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 00:57:51 GMT
How can logging be enabled/viewed when launching the hbase tests via
command line maven?

Given the following mvn command, I am able to set breakpoints within an IDE
(intellij):

mvn -Dmaven.surefire.debug="-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=5005 -Xnoagent
-Djava.compiler=NONE" test
-Dtest=TestTleSnapshotInputFormat#testInitTableSnapshotMapperJobConfig

However, there is no stdout/stderr or log4j output anywhere.

The only output is the following (Note there an exception deep inside a
create table test but the details are not displayed!)

Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 5005
Running org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapred.TestTableSnapshotInputFormat
2014-11-13 16:40:27.560 java[47177:2496198] Unable to load realm info from
SCDynamicStore
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 178.141 sec
<<< FAILURE!

Note: the hbase-server/src/test/resources/log4j.properties has settings
that are friendly to printing plenty of logging messages. But why are the
messages not generated?

# Define some default values that can be overridden by system properties
hbase.root.logger=INFO,console
hbase.log.dir=.
hbase.log.file=hbase.log
..
# Logging Threshold
log4j.threshhold=ALL
..
log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop.hbase=DEBUG

BTW I also have a related post also on StackOverflow - this one focuses
more on starting/debugging a test within the Intellij IDE:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26920330/logging-and-debugging-using-maven-within-intellij