hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sunil B <bsunil...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase 0.98.1 Put operations never timeout
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2014 00:09:53 GMT
Hi All,

     I am using 0.98.1 version of HBase server and client. My application
has strict response time requirements. As far as HBase is concerned, I
would like to abort the HBase operation if the execution exceeds 1 or 2
seconds. This task timeout is useful in case of Region-Server being
non-responsive or has crashed.

     I tired configuring
        1) HBASE_RPC_TIMEOUT_KEY = "hbase.rpc.timeout";
        2) HBASE_CLIENT_RETRIES_NUMBER = "hbase.client.retries.number";

     However, the Put operations never timeout (I am using sync flush). The
operations return only after the Put is successful.

    I looked through the code and found that the function
receiveGlobalFailure in AsyncProcess class keeps resubmitting the task
without any check on the retires. This is in version 0.98.1

    I do see that in 0.99.1 there have been some changes to AsyncProcess
class that might do what I want. I have not verified it though.

    My questions are:
        1) Is there any other configuration that I missed that can give me
the desired functionality.
        2) Do I have to use 0.99.1 client to solve my problem? Does 0.99.1
solve my problem?
        4) If I have to use 0.99.1 client, then do I have to use 0.99.1
server or can I still use my existing 0.98.1 region-server.