hbase-user mailing list archives

From yonghu <yongyong...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it possible to get the table name at the Map phase?
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2014 12:54:21 GMT
Hello all,

I want to implement difference operator by using MapReduce. I read two
tables by using MultiTableInputFormat. In the Map phase, I need to tag the
name of table into each row, but how can I get the table name?

One way I can think is to create HTable instance for each table in the
setup() function. And in the map function, call get method to check if the
input row is belonged to table_1 or table_2. However, this approach is slow.

Can someone share some different ideas?

regards!

Yong