hbase-user mailing list archives

From Walter King <wal...@adroll.com>
Subject Re: No FileSystem for scheme: file
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 17:08:57 GMT
We ran into this issue.  This post:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17265002/hadoop-no-filesystem-for-scheme-file
was helpful.

"Differents JARs (hadoop-commons for LocalFileSystem, hadoop-hdfs for
DistributedFileSystem) each contain a different file called
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem in their META-INFO/servicesdirectory."

Basically these two files need to be merged into one and put into the jar
at META-INFO/services:

# this is a concatenation of two FileSystems files from two different
dependencies

# that overwrite each other during maven builds. This file overrides all
other files

# with the same name. See
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17265002/hadoop-no-filesystem-for-scheme-file

org.apache.hadoop.fs.LocalFileSystem

org.apache.hadoop.fs.viewfs.ViewFileSystem

org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.S3FileSystem

org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.NativeS3FileSystem

org.apache.hadoop.fs.ftp.FTPFileSystem

org.apache.hadoop.fs.HarFileSystem

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.HftpFileSystem

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.HsftpFileSystem

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.web.WebHdfsFileSystem