hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Birdsall, Dave" <dave.birds...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Current Deployment Sizes
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2014 16:16:50 GMT
Hi Julian,

I don't have an answer to your question, but I want to better understand your question: You
are looking for data on the largest HBase deployments in practice, correct?

Regards,

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Wissmann [mailto:julianwissmann@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2014 7:43 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Current Deployment Sizes

Hi,

thank you! The meetup link comes in handy. However this is not the answer to the question
I asked (or maybe I wasn't clear enough).

I am well aware of the sizing notes etc. However what I am looking for are some hard numbers
considering actual scale in the rela world. I can write a lot about how far in theory hbase
could scale, however I'd like to have some hard numbers as to how far big deployments push
this, today. For example the number of nodes Facebook or Yahoo are running and what amount
of data they are crunching on those. This is where I have trouble finding current information!

Regards
Julian