hbase-user mailing list archives

From jatinpreet <jatinpr...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase entity relationship
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2014 17:31:57 GMT
Hi,

I am designing my HBase table schema. I have two entities that are related
to each other in a nested structure. For example, consider two entities A
and B. Both of them are complex types.

Entity A contains one or more entity B values. Both entities have their own
tables. Each row of entity A can have multiple columns with the reference to
entity B table's row key. So, the qualifier goes like, b_{b-rowkey}. Each
row of entity B has a column referencing to the parent entity A's row.

At any time if I need to fetch all the B's contained in a single entity A,
which is better, fetching all row IDs of entity B from the entity A's row
and then going to the entity B table for those specific keys. Or scanning
for all the rows with a filter on the column with entity A's key in entity
B's table.

I would appreciate any help in this matter.

Thanks,
Jatin