hbase-user mailing list archives

From 崔建伟 <cuijian...@xiaomi.com>
Subject RE: Themis : implements cross-row/corss-table transaction on HBase.
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 08:50:14 GMT
Hi everyone:
In last few months, we have updated Themis to achieve better performance and include more
features:

1. Improve the single-row write performance from 23%(relative drop compared with HBase's put)
to 60%(for most test cases). For single-row write transaction, we only write lock to MemStore
in prewrite-phase, then, we erase corresponding lock, write data and commit information to
HLog in commit-phase. This won't break the correctness of percolator algorithm and will help
improve the performance a lot for single-row write.

2. Support HBase 0.98. We create a branch: https://github.com/XiaoMi/themis/tree/for_hbase_0.98
to make themis support HBase 0.98(Currently, support HBase 0.98.5). All the functions of master
branch will also be implemented in this branch.

3. Transaction TTL support and Old Data Clean. Users could set TTL for read/write transaction
respectively. Then, old data which could not be read will be cleaned periodically.

4. MapReduce Support. We implement a group of classes to support read data by themis transaction
in Mapper job and write data by themis transaction in Reduce job.

For more details, please see the github: https://github.com/XiaoMi/themis(or https://github.com/XiaoMi/themis/tree/for_hbase_0.98)
or jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-10999 . If you find Themis interesting,
please leave us comment in the mail, jira or github.

Best
cuijianwei