hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: issue about migrate hbase table from 0.94 to 0.98
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2014 17:58:36 GMT
To be clear, you have two clusters, and you're interested in moving a
table's data but not necessarily it's operational load? There is probably a
migration path involving table snapshots, though I've not tried it myself.
It would look something like the following:

- major compact the table to ensure it's data files are all HFileV2
- create a snapshot of the table
- export the snapshot to a path on HDFS
- copy the export to the new cluster, probably with distcp or webhdfs
- import the snapshot into HBase on the new cluster

I have limited experience with the snapshot features, so I may be missing
some steps.

Good luck,
Nick