hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted <r6squee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: are column qualifiers safe as user inputed values?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 16:15:57 GMT
ok so it sounds like it's safe :)

I'm not parsing it at all, that's my point, I'm taking what ever the
user types and doing a Bytes.toBytes(s); on it and using it as the
column qualifier. I was more or less wondering if there were control
characters that could lead to anomalies or sql-injection-like hacks.
It sounds like the answer is "no".

Thanks.

--
Ted.