hbase-user mailing list archives

From Julian Wissmann <julian.wissm...@sdace.de>
Subject Usage of CellUtil.getRowByte
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2014 09:48:52 GMT
Hi,

I'm in need of grabbing the row key from a coprocessor's scan. However I am
wondering what the best way for doing this would be.

I just came across the fact that Cell.getRow() has been deprecated and
relaced with CellUtil.getRowByte(). However looking at the Code gives me
the impression, that I won't be able to retreive the Key from getRowByte().

There also is KeyValue.getKey(), however the Javadoc for that states, that
it should generally not be used.

So I'm wondering what the best way going forward would be.
KeyValue.getKey() or something else, that I have not seen, so far.

Thanks!
Julian