hbase-user mailing list archives

From iain wright <iainw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trouble using copyTable to seed existing table to replication peer
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 10:29:24 GMT
It turned out our fs.defaultFS was in hdfs-site.xml and not core-site.xml

This makes sense since the application manager was dumping the job
resources onto its local FS, also hdfs dfs -ls / was returning the local
filesystem on each node.

Moving this property to core-site.xml and restarting dfs allowed
nodemanagers to localize resources from HDFS.

Rookie mistake -- hopefully this thread saves someone else a couple of
hours someday

--
Iain Wright

This email message is confidential, intended only for the recipient(s)
named above and may contain information that is privileged, exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, do
not disclose or disseminate the message to anyone except the intended
recipient. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named
recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender by return email, and
delete all copies of this message.