hbase-user mailing list archives

Subject Connecting via API to a remote HBASE installation
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2014 15:08:12 GMT

I am running some code from windows (java)
and I would like to connect to the HBASE 0.98.5 installed on a remote
cluster (pseudodistributed mode)

The UI gives me the following info:

Software AttributesAttribute NameValueDescriptionHBase Version0.98.5-hadoop2,
rUnknownHBase version and revisionHBase CompiledMon Aug 4 23:58:06 PDT
2014, apurtellWhen HBase version was compiled and by whomHadoop Version2.2.0,
r1529768Hadoop version and revisionHadoop Compiled2013-10-07T06:28Z,
hortonmuWhen Hadoop version was compiled and by whomZookeeper Quorum
localhost:2181Addresses of all registered ZK servers. For more, see zk dump
<http://lnx-apollo.haifa.ibm.com:60010/zk.jsp>.HBase Root Directory
hdfs://localhost:8020/hbaseLocation of HBase home directoryHMaster Start
TimeWed Sep 03 16:53:19 GMT+02:00 2014Date stamp of when this HMaster was
startedHMaster Active TimeWed Sep 03 16:53:19 GMT+02:00 2014Date stamp of
when this HMaster became activeHBase Cluster ID
950d5ca3-a174-482c-9b6e-3c858d06f44fUnique identifier generated for each
HBase clusterLoad average2.00Average number of regions per regionserver.
Naive computation.Coprocessors[]Coprocessors currently loaded by the master

However when connecting from my code with the following code:
        Configuration conf = HBaseConfiguration.create();
        admin = new HBaseAdmin(conf);

I get the following:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information
    at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1035)

what do I miss, pelase?