hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Get default split policy
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 09:47:45 GMT
getRegionSplitPolicyClassName() calls getValue(SPLIT_POLICY) and:

  public String getValue(String key) {

    byte[] value = getValue(Bytes.toBytes(key));

    if (value == null)

      return null;

This means that split policy wasn't set for this table.

The following global setting would be effective (see hbase-default.xml):

  <property>

    <name>hbase.regionserver.region.split.policy</name>

<value>org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.IncreasingToUpperBoundRegionSplitPolicy</value>