hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Schema migration in Hbase
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2014 14:21:51 GMT
bq. ruby script will run on same machine ( I have only one node cluster )
,so there wont be any network calls

I don't think the above is true: ruby script would still need to contact
zookeeper to find the location of -ROOT-.
There is no short circuit read for ruby script. Normal RPC is used to
communicate with region server.

Approach #2 is possible but you need to escape the row keys properly.

Cheers