hbase-user mailing list archives

From Manish <maa...@gmail.com>
Subject Filtering out metrics emitted to ganglia?
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2014 23:19:19 GMT
Hello All,
We are plotting metrics using ganglia31 context  for hbase-0.94.6.1 with
hadoop-1.2.1
To save space on our gmetad server, I'd like to filter-out metrics for
individual regions for all our tables.

like :     hbase.RegionServerDynamicStatistics.tbl.TABLE_NAME_XXX.region.
2f534ed99b5b5c9b4d562337beb52eae.writerequestcount

Early last year on ganglia forums, there was a discussion on this being not
possible without writing our own filters sitting between gmond & gmetad.

Is this still the case? How have others here worked around this issue?

Cheers,
/Manish

http://sourceforge.net/p/ganglia/mailman/message/31232028/