hbase-user mailing list archives

From Samir Ahmic <ahmic.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Force remove table
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2014 08:28:10 GMT
HI Kristoffer,

Just removing table data from HDFS will leave hbase in inconsistent state.
Yes, you are right you will have to remove table znode from zookeeper to.
This is what would i do in your case:

1. remove table data form hdfs (hadoop fs -rmr /hbase/TABLE_NAME)
2. remove znode from zookeeper (hbase zkcli; rmr /hbase/table/TABLE_NAME)
3. start master (it should start now since offending table is removed)
4, run hbase  hbck  to check state
5. if needed run hbase hbck -repair -repairHoles
6. check zookeeper /hbase/table to see is table is gone if not remove it
again and restart master

This should fix issue

Good luck
Samir