hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tao Xiao <xiaotao.cs....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Four regions were lost and how to recover ?
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:17:06 GMT
The HBase version is

I searched the master logs using command "cat <master.log> | grep
E_MP_DAY_READ_201409 | grep Error" but did not find any errors w.r.t
regions of E_MP_DAY_READ_201409.

My collegue triggerred split and compact for that table before I run "hbase
hbck E_MP_DAY_READ_201409", and it reported that the table was consistent.

After the split and compact, I found the number of regions shown in HBase
UI is the same with the result of "dfs -ls /hbase/data/default/E_MP_DAY_
READ_201409". It seems that table's lost regions are all recovered after
split and compact.