hbase-user mailing list archives

From Serega Sheypak <serega.shey...@gmail.com>
Subject Splits are not preserved during table copy using getAdmin().createTable(tableDescriptor);
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 13:57:34 GMT
Hi, here is my code:

public void dropIfExistsAndCreate(String sourceTableName, String
newTableName) throws IOException {
        LOG.info(String.format("Use [%s] to create [%s]", sourceTableName,
        HTableDescriptor descriptor = getDescriptor(sourceTableName);
        dropIfExists(newTableName); // doesn't matter
        createTable(descriptor, newTableName);

    private void createTable(HTableDescriptor descriptor, String
newTableName) throws IOException {
        LOG.info(String.format("Table created[%s]", newTableName));

My source table has 256 regions, newly created table has no splits.
Is there any possibility to copy splits from source table?

I supposed, that HTableDescriptor encasulates splits, but it was bad