hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Liu, Ming (HPIT-GADSC)" <ming.l...@hp.com>
Subject RE: when will hbase create the zookeeper znode 'root-region-server’ is created? Hbase 0.94
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2014 03:19:56 GMT
Thanks Ted and Sean,

It is great to find the archives, why I did not find them for so long time... :-)

The original coprocessor author reply me yesterday, it is my fault. In fact, that coprocessor
is loaded after the hbase startup, not during hbase regionserver startup time. In their client
application code , they invoke addCoprocessor() to load the coprocessor at run-time. So I
should not put them into the hbase-site.xml.
When loaded later, the HBaseAdmin.tableExist() can work, since at that time, all initialization
is done.
So this is not a version issue, it can work in 0.94.5 and 0.94.24 as well.

Thank you all for the help.
Ming

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Yu [mailto:yuzhihong@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2014 10:29 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: when will hbase create the zookeeper znode 'root-region-server’ is created?
Hbase 0.94

Ming:
The tar ball in the archive contains source code. See example below:

$ tar tzvf hbase-0.94.5.tar.gz | grep '\.java' | grep Assignment
-rw-r--r--  0 jenkins jenkins  47982 Feb  7  2013 hbase-0.94.5/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/master/TestAssignmentManager.java
-rw-r--r--  0 jenkins jenkins  136645 Feb  7  2013 hbase-0.94.5/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/master/AssignmentManager.java

FYI