hbase-user mailing list archives

From Brian Jeltema <brian.jelt...@digitalenvoy.net>
Subject snapshot timeouts
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 19:09:19 GMT
I’m trying to snapshot a moderately large table (3 billion rows, but not a huge amount of
data per row).
Those snapshots have been timing out, so I set the following parameters to relatively large
values:

     hbase.snapshot.master.timeoutMillis
     hbase.snapshot.region.timeout
     hbase.snapshot.master.timeout.millis

A snapshot attempt then resulted in the terse result:

     ERROR: Call id=13, waitTime=60060, rpcTimeout=60000

A brief review of some of the hbase log files didn’t reveal anything (but there are many).

How should I pursue getting these snapshots to work?

Brian