hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Buckley,Ron" <buckl...@oclc.org>
Subject Recovering hbase after a failure
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 17:18:33 GMT
We just had an event where, on our main hbase instance, the /hbase directory got moved out
from under the running system (Human error).

HBase was really unhappy about that, but we were able to recover it fairly easily and get
back going.

As far as I can tell, all the data and tables came back correct. But, I'm pretty concerned
that there may be some hidden corruption or data loss.

'hbase hbck'  runs clean and there are no new complaints in the logs.

Can anyone think of anything else we should look at?